Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications of the Russian Federation has determined its objectives for the period 2012—2018.
These objectives are implemented in five key directions: telecommunications, postal services, mass media, information technologies, and provision of public services in electronic form.
After public discussions, the Ministry plans to achieve following results:
- Penetration of over 90% for broadband services, allowing fast access to the Internet for people living in 250 towns and villages;
- Every year over 20 million people get access to 4G mobile Internet;
- Internet is safe for children.
- Postal item delivery time within a community area is less than 24 hours;
- Postal item delivery time is less than 3 days between cities, and less than a week between any communities;
- Public services and basic financial services are available in each of 42,000 postal offices across Russia.
- 20 television channels are available to every Russian citizen;
- Legal digital content is easily accessible;
- Digital national audiovisual archive is created and publicly available.
- Venture investments in IT sector are over 1,2 billion US dollars;
- Twice more highly qualified IT specialists are available in IT sector;
- Average growth of IT sector is three times as high as Russian GDP growth.
Public services in electronic form:
- Every Russian citizen has a new generation passport capable of electronic identification;
- 70% of the Russian Federation population receives public services in electronic form;
- All public services are available in electronic form.